Verizon Private IP Satellite is an advanced network service that uses a spaceflight transceiver (transmitter/receiver) Satellite device orbiting in a space constellation around the earth to connect to Verizon Private IP, a network-based IP VPN (Virtual Private Network) solution that utilizes IP-over-MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) technology. The spaceflight transceiver Satellite acts as a radio relay station, linking remote customer sites to teleport Satellite earth station hubs, which connect via terrestrial links into the Verizon Private IP worldwide network. To enable the Private IP Satellite Service, the customer's remote sites need a dish antenna, usually referred as a Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) antenna, to transmit and receive signals to/from the spaceflight transceiver Satellite.
Private IP Satellite key features include:
- Is an access product. Remote satellite terminals will be aggregated on a per-customer basis, using an individual Virtual LAN (VLAN) per customer. This will provide enhanced security for customers by isolating their traffic from other customers. Each VLAN will be mapped to a Private IP PVC/CAR. Since multiple sites share a VLAN and PVC to the Private IP network, the Private IP CAR must be sized according to the needs of the customer and the total instantaneous load that the satellite network can handle. As customers add, change, or disconnect remote satellite terminals, the CAR may need to be reengineered to handle the new traffic load.
- Is another form of access into the Private IP network in order to reach areas where traditional terrestrial services are not available, are unreliable, or are cost prohibitive. Private IP Satellite is also used as a reliable back-up service to improve availability, reassure business continuity and/or enhance disaster recovery capabilities.
- Provides connectivity to customer remote locations from virtually any place within the Satellite coverage area in the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and the territories of the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Service availability for international locations can be determined utilizing the custom solution process.
- Provides a managed solution on all aspects of the project, from equipment selection and installation to service implementation, testing and supervision of the Satellite service and the advanced wide-area private network. Verizon's Private IP Satellite solution also provides the flexibility to deploy highly customized Satellite designs for government and business applications.
- Customers with Private IP reporting, known as WAN Analysis Reporting - Standard Select Reporting and Provider Edge (PE) Statistics, now have access to Private IP Satellite Standard Select reporting with no activation required and at no charge. Private IP Satellite customers will access the Satellite reports as they do today for the terrestrial reports utilizing the CA Reporting WAN Analysis Portal (eHealth). Customers may generate At-a-Glance (quick view), Top N (network-wide analysis), and Trend (detailed statistical) reports with Private IP Satellite elements which are distinguished by the lower case "v." Customers will also have access to PIP Satellite Sun Outage Prediction Data available through the Network Management tool. This data can be used by network administrators to predict events in the future that may have an impact on the satellite service they receive (parameters include Start Time, End Time, Peak Time and Duration). The resolution of all satellite modem performance statistics is five minutes. There will be an approximately two hour lag between the current time and reportable data. This lag is associated with the data transfer from satellite systems and collection/compilation by the reporting systems. See WAN Analysis Reporting for more information.
- Mobile Satellite Solutions service leverages the powerful combination of advanced satellite technology and Verizon's global IP network. Mobile Satellite Solutions provides Private IP Satellite service communications via portable satellite-enabled Quick Deploy Kits, Semi-Trailer, Communications Trailers, an Executive Coach, or Air Shelter for customers looking for primary access, business continuity, digital signage, IPTV or content delivery. The solution provides Private IP customers with access to their private networks from virtually any place within the continental United States satellite coverage area. The service includes a monthly mobile membership plan and daily deployment rate once the service has been activated. In addition to the numerous equipment configurations available, the solution also includes experienced planning and integration assistance to reduce the risk of interruptions that can impact communications. PIP Satellite Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are applicable; 24x7 remote monitoring of the equipment; and an on-site technician to provide reliable communication services.
Refer to Cost Table 2.10 for additional details along with rates and charges.
Please contact your account manager or email us for more information.