Putting first responders first.
We recognize the critical role you play as a first responder in emergencies and crises. Whether you are a part-time, full-time or a volunteer first responder, the ability to use your personal device to communicate is paramount to the success and outcome of any mission. Typically you’re the first one in and the last one out, so getting and staying connected is your top concern.
We offer two priority services for your personal wireless devices, at no additional cost.
Verizon Mobile Broadband Priority
This service provides priority network access to Verizon’s leading 4G LTE data network.
- Ideal for select devices primarily used for data (e.g., smartphones, tablets, MiFi, routers, etc.).
- Works over a Verizon Wireless network connection on select mobile devices.
- Gives you higher-priority network access over other users.
Wireless Priority Service 1&2
This Department of Homeland Security program allows us to offer end-to-end voice priority access to Verizon’s leading network during times of national security, emergency preparedness and wireless network congestion.
- Ideal for select devices primarily used for voice (e.g., smartphones, basic phones).
- Always on for priority access to Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
- Easy to use by dialing *272 plus the 10-digit number.
- Fire department
- Law enforcement
- Emergency medical service
- Emergency Operations Center, including Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP)