Make every drop count.
Getting started is quick and easy. Verizon Grid Wide Utility Solutions: Intelligent Water is a fully managed, scalable, secure, cloud-based IoT platform-as-a-service (PaaS) model, which means you control how much and when you upgrade your public water supply system management infrastructure.
With the Verizon Grid Wide IoT Gateway, you can take advantage of an integrated solution for smart water metering with point-to-multipoint communication to service and collect data from multiple water meters and sensors. The Grid Wide IoT Gateway supports open standards and technologies, with open interfaces that provide support for proprietary water meter reading protocols and a wide range of radio modulations and frequencies. This gives you an extensible open-standards-based solution that helps avoid proprietary technology lock-in. Benefit from an open solution that you can use on a per-month, per-meter basis, with the ability to pay as you go for services.
Intelligent Water solutions include:
Smart water metering
- Remotely configure, monitor, manage, control and read utility distribution network devices to help manage billing, operational meter and sensor data, and improve customer service.
- Identify anomalies in your public water system to help detect leaks, high usage, no flow and reverse flow in near real time to repair and restore service more quickly.
- Access water-resource management data, whether scheduled or on demand, and receive event alerts and notifications.
Smart water-meter data management
- Help increase billing accuracy, recapture revenues and stay on top of current billing with correct, on-time data.
- Manage and store billing data for historical use and analysis.
- Drive metering performance improvements, analyze trends and predict spikes in water consumption.
Distribution monitoring and control
- Collect water supply system data remotely and wirelessly to help improve service reliability, supply quality and proactive maintenance.
- Quickly detect, identify, locate and isolate issues to help reduce impact.
- Remotely monitor intelligent water system equipment to help extend its life span.
Integrated dashboards, analytics and reporting
- Increase insight to boost water management efficiency.
- Detect leaks, high usage, reverse flow and no-flow events to help protect water supply quality and lower nonrevenue water.
- Support conservation efforts.
Security infrastructure services
- Implement public key infrastructure (PKI) and pre-shared key (PSK) services.
- Provision digital identity of managed devices.
- Manage digital signing and authenticity services.
Verizon Intelligent Water as a service
Modernizing your public water supply system is easier than you think.
The more you know about your water supply system operations, the better. Our intelligent water platform delivers actionable data in near real time to help you improve efficiencies and conservation efforts. With an open, integrated Internet of Things (IoT) approach to smart metering, meter data management, and distribution monitoring and control, you can remotely detect and diagnose leaks, reverse flow and unusually high water usage, helping to reduce nonrevenue water, deliver a better customer experience, and control water resource management costs.
Smart efficiency: Grid Wide IoT Gateway
We can save you the complexity of building out your own intelligent water and gas systems by integrating all of the essential hardware, software, open and proprietary protocols, and LTE network components into a single cloud-based PaaS solution. The smart metering software components and Grid Wide IoT Gateway hardware are fully operated and managed within the Verizon cloud and integrated with the required Verizon 4G LTE low-power wide area (LPWA) network operational support and business support systems. These integrated components and systems provide reliable, scalable, measurable, end-to-end secure network connectivity between the networked smart meters and the Grid Wide Smart Metering service.
The Grid Wide IoT Gateway is designed to work with the Grid Wide PaaS, so you can promote efficiency and still get the simplicity and control your business needs, today and down the road.
Discover the solutions that drive technology and professional services organizations.
Networks and Advanced Communications
Connecting smart meters to data stores requires a reliable, intelligent network. We have the reach and the resources to make the connection happen, securely and efficiently.Learn more
Mobile devices provide your workforce with tools and information to deliver world-class service, even from the field. Insights into employee location and performance also help increase productivity and control costs.Learn more
Internet of Things
Throughout your smart gas grid, machines collect and transmit vital information through reliable connections to back-end management systems. You can use this data to automate processes, remotely monitor operations and track assets across distances.Learn more
Aging infrastructures and high-profile assets increase your chances of a data breach or malware attack. Protecting your infrastructure and information—and addressing stringent security requirements—is more vital than ever.Learn more
Grid Wide Water Solutions BriefRead the solutions brief
Learn how to make your water system smarter with Grid Wide: Intelligent Water.
Your water system needs an upgrade and it's easier than you think.View the infographic
See what’s going on and where with a modernized public water system.
Grid Wide Water Use CaseRead the use case
See how Grid Wide: Intelligent Water helped a small town solve its water problems.
Watch the video
Modernizing your public water system is simpler than you think. Find out more about Grid Wide: Intelligent Water.