Business agility and efficiency
Energy and utility companies need a flexible, modern network infrastructure that drives improved efficiency when addressing traditional and emerging power system needs. Take advantage of next-generation networking infrastructure and connectivity solutions that get you ready to increase agility and better control resources and costs:
- SD WAN and SD WLAN provide reliable, scalable connectivity
- Simplified networking solutions can boost connectivity speed , helping you improve service delivery and application performance
Learn how we supported CG Power’s global network expansion and helped it control costs.Learn more
Grid reliability and resiliency are essential as customers and regulators expect their utilities to keep flowing despite bad weather, cyberattacks and hacks, and catastrophic events. We offer intelligent security solutions so you’re ready to defend your smart grid from threats and continue service delivery:
- Verizon Risk Report presents enterprise-specific intelligent insights to help you better focus your security spend
- Threat Monitoring and Managed Security Services provide monitoring and maintenance, freeing you to focus on your core customer-centric business goals
- Mobile security allows you to secure employee and associate devices, whether they’re at their desks, in the field or nearly anywhere in between
Find out how we helped a Fortune 100 utility drive digital transformation while securing its infrastructure.Read more
Smart technologies, like the internet of things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) capabilities, are enhancing distribution grids to improve customer experiences. Use near real-time insights on consumption and operations to support your energy ecosystem:
- Grid Wide solutions Intelligent Energy, Intelligent Gas and Intelligent Water offer a cloud-based platform to simplify grid modernization
- Smart Cities solutions provide a holistic and accurate view of your resources so you can better manage supply and demand, prioritize changes, and create more efficient and sustainable services
- Our Utility Smart Meter Calculator helps you estimate how much smart meter deployment and Verizon Grid Wide Utility Solutions can benefit you
Learn how Dakota Valley Cooperative’s smart monitoring solutions powered efficiency.Learn more
Remote resource management
Energy and utility companies like you are striving to streamline operations by harnessing artificial intelligence and machine learning. Digitally enabled fleet and asset management solutions get you ready to maintain asset performance, save time, control resources and improve support:
- One Talk℠ allows employees and offices to stay connected on multiple devices, in multiple locations
- Skyward drone management platform enables remote field management and maintenance support
- Verizon Connect helps you better utilize assets, track customer assets, and keep fleets working with maintenance management and reporting
Find out how we helped Lower Brule Indian Reservation conserve and manage its water resources.Read more
Connect to smart grid technology.
As population growth, economic competition and environmental concerns challenge cities and counties across the globe, the utilities industry is crucial in driving solutions. Energy and utilities providers—which serve as the central nervous system of modern communities—must tap into smart grid technologies to help: enable electricity and distributed resource delivery automation; increase energy efficiency; support renewable energy integration; and deliver advanced metering capabilities.
Are you ready to meet evolving market expectations and serve increasingly sophisticated customers? We have utility technology solutions that can help you deliver resources efficiently and cost effectively.
Enable a robust
of Fortune 500 companies served by our technology solutions
users developing IoT applications on our ThingSpace platform
technology partners in our IoT ecosystem
security, network and hosting devices under management
1 Rankings based on the RootMetrics® U.S. National RootScore Report 2H 2018. Tested with best commercially available smartphones on 4 national mobile networks across all available network types. Your experiences may vary. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of Verizon. Visit www.rootmetrics.com for more details.
2 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global. Published: 25 February 2019 Analyst(s): Neil Rickard | Bjarne Munch | Danellie Young
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
3 Verizon Wireless received the highest score in the J.D. Power 2017 (V1 & V2), 2018 (V1 & V2) & 2019 (V1) U.S. Wireless Network Quality Performance Studies of customers' satisfaction with their network performance with wireless carriers. Visit jdpower.com/awards