Major advances in high-bandwidth experiences are fueling the future of augmented reality. We are thrilled to partner with Verizon to move the industry forward through the development of creative and innovative 5G experiences on Snapchat.
—Jared Grusd, Chief Strategy Officer, Snap Inc.
- Snapchat wants higher network speed, greater bandwidth and low latency to optimize the company’s exciting AR experiences
- Snap Inc., an AR industry leader, needs increased speed and bandwidth to create AR lenses that load quickly and allow new user experiences
- The Snapchat user base expects to be able to use new technology like 5G that can facilitate increased speed for interactions within the app
- Verizon’s 5G Ultra Wideband technology delivers low latency, fast speeds and high bandwidth, which will allow new AR experiences
- Snapchat users will be able to create AR-enhanced images with more than 600,000 lenses
- Verizon will preload Snapchat on select 5G phones from leading brands, facilitating more exciting AR experiences for users
How we built the solution