The company needed a better way to improve the safety and monitoring of remote on-shore and off-shore pipeline assets.
- Some pipeline assets are located outside of wireless coverage
- Data was required to be securely sent over hardened communications equipment
- Remote pipelines needed 24/7 monitoring to meet stringent regulations
Our managed (VSAT) satellite and M2M solutions allow the company to maintain reliable connectivity for remote assets.
- Connected remote pipeline assets with managed VSAT
- Installed a managed M2M backup solution at sites where there was wireless coverage
- Deployed hardened Verizon customer premises equipment (CPE) and Cisco routers
Verizon connectivity solutions helped the company proactively improve equipment performance, technician productivity, and safety and compliance at remote sites.
- 400 managed VSAT connections at remote sites
- 200 managed M2M connections for site backup
- 24/7 active monitoring improved safety and uptime
How we built the solution.