Global Data Link Service
(formerly End-to-End International Private Line Service)
I. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1. Description. Global Data Link (GDL) is a point-to-point full circuit private line service. Standard international connectivity speeds range from 64 Kbps (DS0) to 44.736 Mbps (DS3), unless otherwise designated. Effective November 1, 2015, 64 kbps to 1024 kpbs are grandfathered and are no longer available to new GDL Customers. Existing GDL customers may add, move, change, and disconnect 64 kbps to 1024 kpbs GDL services with the understanding that renewals of such services will not be permitted. Other speeds are available upon request. Local access service is required and is provided by MCI Legacy Company pursuant to a separate service attachment or through a third party for local access provided outside the United States.
2. Availability. Outside the U.S. Mainland, Company provides GDL service only to specified geographic areas, based on Company Points of Presence that support GDL. Availability is subject to legal, regulatory, equipment, geographic, technical, and other limitations or conditions affecting the service. Outside of the United States, GDL service is also subject to the laws and regulations of the foreign country where the circuit terminates.
3. GDL Service Between the U.S. Mainland and Canada and Mexico. In addition, GDL service may be limited by technical and non-technical service limitations of Canadian or Mexican carrier(s).
II. DEFINITIONS: The Online Definitions apply.
IV. RATES AND CHARGES:
1. Monthly Recurring Charges
2. Local Access outside the United States. Charges for local access outside the United States are based upon building type. Current Company standard rates and charges are available from Company upon request.
2.1 For local access provided over MCI Legacy Company local network to an MCI Legacy Company lit building (i.e., Type 1), Companys standard rates in effect at the time of circuit installation apply.
2.2 For local access provided over third-party facilities or network (access providers for areas where there is not a MCI Legacy Company point of presence) (i.e., Type 3), the third party providers local access charges apply, at the rate in effect at the time of order, based on the conversion of the local currency to US dollars at the exchange rate at the time of order.
3. Non-Recurring Charges
3.1 Customer Support Services charges apply.
3.2 Administrative Non-Recurring Charges apply.
The following rates apply per circuit for installation of each new GDL circuit:
64 kbps 768 kbps
1.024 Mbps 2.048 Mbps
3.5 Paper Invoice Charge applies.
3.6 Property Tax Recovery Charge applies.
3.7 Convenience Payment Charge applies.
3.8 Administrative Expense Fee applies.
V. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Online Master Terms - Terms and Conditions of Service apply.
1. CPE. CPE sales, rental, installation and maintenance may be provided subject to the terms of the relevant service attachment.
2. GLD to India. GDL connecting to India may only be sold and invoiced through Verizon Communications India Pvt. Ltd. and unless otherwise agreed to by Verizon, only to a Customer entity based in India. Customer shall be required to sign a service order form issued by Verizon Communications India Pvt. Ltd. to complete a sale transaction for GDL in India.
3. Regulations in India.
3.1 Monitoring. Customer understands that the Government of India monitors telecommunications traffic terminating into and originating from India for national security reasons.
3.2 Encryption. In accordance with i) Companys operating license in India and ii) the statutory guidelines which govern the provision of GDL service in India, Customer is not allowed to employ more than the then current prescribed/approved level of encryption on any equipment which is directly or indirectly connected to the network provided by Company in India. Customer agrees that it will not, and will ensure that any entity which it has responsibility for, operates under its control or at its instruction will not, employ more than the then current prescribed/approved level of encryption on any equipment which is directly or indirectly connected to the network provided by Company in India unless the requirements of Section 3.3 below Approvals are satisfied. Company will advise Customer of the then current prescribed/approved level of encryption upon request.
3.3 Approvals. If Customer has specific requirements that require any encryption equipment to be connected directly or indirectly to the network provided by Company in India beyond the then current prescribed/approved levels of encryption, Customer must seek prior evaluation by and obtain prior approval of the Indian Department of Telecommunications or other Indian governmental authority or officer specially designated for that purpose and Customer is solely responsible for obtaining such approval. Upon receiving the required approvals, Customer shall provide a copy of such approvals to Company prior to connecting the equipment employing the encryption to the network provided by Company in India.
3.4 Indemnity. Customer hereby indemnifies and hold harmless Company, from and against any claims, suits, judgments, settlements, losses, damages, expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees and expenses), and costs (including allocable costs of in-house counsel) asserted against or incurred by Company arising out of a failure by Customer to comply with the restrictions described in this clause or as otherwise imposed by the licenses or statutory guidelines from time to time.
VI. SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT: The following applies: