Get valuable insights from breakout sessions.
Register today and get first choice on the sessions you want to attend.
1. Transforming your network into an engine for growth and innovation: In this interactive session we will discuss the key components of transforming your network in order to support the emerging Real Time Enterprise (RTE) business models in which businesses can exploit information, actions and events the moment they occur. With the advent of 5G, the Internet of Things (IoT), along with Software Defined Networking (SDN), video, security, telematics, and edge computing, will expand to become a foundational enabler for the RTE. All of these capabilities comprise the next generation of 5G network transformation. What learning pathways can an organization take? Throughout the session we will share the experience and plans from participants and facilitators.
2. Enabling simple, secure and reliable solutions for your mobile workforce: The way people work is changing. This new mobile workforce movement, driven by the rise of the mobile, will be explored. You have to be conscious of both the inevitable change to work dynamics preceded by new technologies. In the session, we will dive into enabling simple, secure and reliable solutions with your mobile workforce in mind. Human talent is one of the biggest components to drive your business forward now and the years to come. When you have mobile workers, you need to know where they are and what’s getting done. You also need to be able to share information fast. In this interactive discussion, we will review the tools to accelerate the digital workplace with secure and reliable solutions.
3. The Path to 5G: 5G is here! Are you ready? 5G Ultra Wideband (UWB) is ready to unlock the future of immersive experiences. Verizon is working tirelessly to roll out 5G on a massive scale, and if you’re not already using 4G and working toward 5G you are behind your competitors. We will explore 5G use cases for retail and healthcare that are in play today:
a. Retail: a real-time enterprise environment where retailers can deliver both qualities of insight and information about customers.
b. Healthcare: healthcare providers could use advanced network services to provide better and more effective long-term patient monitoring.
Together, we will also explore the boundaries of 5G network technology. We will review our lessons learned that enterprises can incorporate into their plans and rethink what’s possible in a 5G world.
4. Zero Trust Networks (Software Defined Perimeter): Adversaries continue to get inside your network. Join us as we embark on a zero-trust approach to networking. The Zero Trust approach to networking means treating your internal network like it was directly connected to the Internet; that everyone connected to the Internet could connect to everything inside your network (servers, switches, routers, printers, everything). And the reason enterprises are taking this Zero Trust approach is because it is so easy for adversaries to penetrate the perimeter security controls, and because the data is moving to the cloud where it may literally be possible for adversaries to connect to it directly. In the session we will explore how Verizon Software Defined Perimeter (VZ SDP) is the Zero Trust solution to networking across all environments: remote access, internal networks, and to the cloud. We will also touch upon the principles in building zero trust networks by leveraging U.S. 4G/5G scale to deliver unique customer managed consent and trust on a transaction by transaction basis.
5. Protecting the ever-growing attack surface: From mobile devices and VPN connections to Cloud services and IoT, billions of endpoints are being connected to the internet every year. More connected devices mean a more competitive organization - but it also means more risk. In this session, participants will learn about, and share, best practices for securing the ever-expanding cyber attack surface.
6. Enhancing workforce productivity utilizing modern collaboration tools: Technology is reshaping your industry every day. In order to stay at the top, you need to provide business communication solutions to get work done. With the right solutions, your workforce can collaborate and communicate from virtually anywhere and from virtually any device. Please join this interactive session to hear about the latest trends in workplace modernization.
7. Personalizing communications and exploring how to engage with customers the way they want: Personalization and convenience are frontline battlegrounds. Customers are increasingly demanding when it comes to the type of service they expect. They want an efficient, bespoke experience, which mirrors the way they usually communicate, including with the use of emerging technologies. A customer centric approach is key – a CX that is designed and executed with the customers’ needs in mind with technology helping enabling you to achieve that goal. Come learn more about our Customer Experience Solutions and how they are helping organizations provide personalized experience.
8. Verizon’s Digital First Customer Experience: Learn how our digital capabilities help us focus on building an exceptional customer experience. Join an interactive discussion about how our digital tools (Verizon Enterprise Center, My Verizon for Enterprise, Digital Connect) enable self-service while preserving and strengthening our commitment to personalized service delivery.
9. Moving From Reactive to Proactive with IoT Data for Companies with Mobile Workers (Verizon Connect): Create a digital transformation of your mobile workforce with the effective use of worker, vehicle and job data across your organization. This session will discuss how Verizon Connect’s platform of fleet solutions and robust APIs provide global organizations with data analytics and actionable insights to manage your field operations business.
10. Massive IoT & the Path to the Real-Time Enterprise: In this session, we will discuss how the Verizon IoT product strategy will allow for the scaling of connectivity and services on- ramping us into a 5G and Mobile Edge world where we will revolutionize the industry by enabling the real-time business processes that exploit information, actions and events the moment they occur.
11. Verizon and Nokia’s insights on how private LTE will enhance the Enterprise business: There is a need for reliable wireless connectivity to help Enterprise customers digitalize their processes, and there are no better wireless technologies today, than private LTE to meet business critical campus connectivity operational needs. This interactive session will discuss how Private LTE can support almost all vertical applications and brings significant performance benefits compared to Wi-Fi. Private LTE, and over time 5G, combines the best of Ethernet and Wi-Fi’s “DNA”: Reliability, Large coverage, High capacity, Predictable performance, Low latency, Security and the added benefits of Mobility – critical in many industries that relies on many moving assets. Supplementing pLTE with small cells is an effective way to provide coverage and capacity indoors and outdoors, in the public space, enterprises and in homes. Small cells are the perfect solution to bring network innovation such as value-adding applications, local contextual applications and IoT services.
12. Quantum Computing and Quantum Key Distribution - Leveraging this emerging technology: Are you prepared for Quantum Supremacy? The future challenges of quantum computing are significant, and the capabilities of current quantum computers are growing. Companies will need to enhance their security and encryption standards to withstand the emerging cybersecurity threats enabled by quantum computing technology. In this session, we will cover the basics of quantum computing and delve into some of its applications, including currently-in-market quantum key distribution systems. The potential of these applications-as-services to customers will also be explored and current external offerings discussed. The goal is for participants to 1) come away with a high-level understanding of quantum computing applications, and 2) provide input into how Verizon can help them navigate the challenges of the quantum computing future.