Make every drop count.
Getting started is quick and easy. Verizon Grid Wide Utility Solutions: Intelligent Water is a fully managed, scalable, secure, cloud-based IoT platform-as-a-service (PaaS) model, which means you control how much and when you upgrade your public water supply system management infrastructure.
With the Verizon Grid Wide IoT Gateway, you can take advantage of an integrated solution for smart water metering with point-to-multipoint communication to service and collect data from multiple water meters and sensors. The Grid Wide IoT Gateway supports open standards and technologies, with open interfaces that provide support for proprietary water meter reading protocols and a wide range of radio modulations and frequencies. This gives you an extensible open-standards-based solution that helps avoid proprietary technology lock-in. Benefit from an open solution that you can use on a per-month, per-meter basis, with the ability to pay as you go for services.
Intelligent Water solutions include:
Smart water metering
- Remotely configure, monitor, manage, control and read utility distribution network devices to help manage billing, operational meter and sensor data, and improve customer service.
- Identify anomalies in your public water system to help detect leaks, high usage, no flow and reverse flow in near real time to repair and restore service more quickly.
- Access water-resource management data, whether scheduled or on demand, and receive event alerts and notifications.
Smart water-meter data management
- Help increase billing accuracy, recapture revenues and stay on top of current billing with correct, on-time data.
- Manage and store billing data for historical use and analysis.
- Drive metering performance improvements, analyze trends and predict spikes in water consumption.
Distribution monitoring and control
- Collect water supply system data remotely and wirelessly to help improve service reliability, supply quality and proactive maintenance.
- Quickly detect, identify, locate and isolate issues to help reduce impact.
- Remotely monitor intelligent water system equipment to help extend its life span.
Integrated dashboards, analytics and reporting
- Increase insight to boost water management efficiency.
- Detect leaks, high usage, reverse flow and no-flow events to help protect water supply quality and lower nonrevenue water.
- Support conservation efforts.
Security infrastructure services
- Implement public key infrastructure (PKI) and pre-shared key (PSK) services.
- Provision digital identity of managed devices.
- Manage digital signing and authenticity services.