Verizon Grid Wide Utility Solutions: Intelligent Gas makes it easy to get started, with a fully managed, scalable, secure, cloud-based IoT platform-as-a-service (PaaS) model. It’s a cost-effective, efficient way to modernize your gas system with smart gas metering, meter data management, and distribution monitoring and control using a single platform, which means you control how much and when you upgrade your gas system management infrastructure.
With the Verizon Grid Wide IoT Gateway, you can take advantage of an integrated solution for smart gas metering with point-to-multipoint communication to service and collect data from multiple gas meters and sensors. The Grid Wide IoT Gateway supports open standards and technologies, with open interfaces that provide support for proprietary gas-meter-reading protocols and a wide range of radio modulations and frequencies. The Grid Wide IoT Gateway solution provides utilities with an extensible open-standards-based solution that helps avoid proprietary technology lock-in. Best of all, intelligent gas solutions let you pay as you go. You can focus on problem areas first, and upgrade services as you need them.
Intelligent Gas solutions include:
Smart gas metering
- Remotely configure, monitor, manage and control gas delivery system devices to help manage billing, operational meter and sensor data, and improve customer service.
- Quickly detect issues with consumption, anomalies, tamper, flow and pressure.
- Access scheduled and on-demand data, and receive event alerts and notifications.
Smart gas-meter data management
- Automate billing validation to help increase accuracy and revenue.
- Understand usage patterns and predict demand spikes using smart meter data.
- Manage and store billing data for historical use and analysis.
Distribution monitoring and control
- Identify delivery system anomalies and isolate issues to help reduce service disruptions.
- Monitor performance and upgrades based on usage versus time.
Integrated reporting , dashboards and analytics
- Increase insight into your gas system.
- Take a proactive approach to asset management and maintenance.
- Support conservation efforts.
Security infrastructure services
- Implement public key infrastructure (PKI) and pre-shared key (PSK) services.
- Provision digital identity of managed devices.
- Manage digital signing and authenticity services.