When the City of Kansas City revitalized its downtown by building a new multi-use arena and a streetcar rail system that connected once-discrete neighborhoods, their success presented a different set of challenges with the creation of a streetcar rail system.
- How to manage the influx of traffic and visitors
- How to convert inefficient and costly lighting to energy efficient lighting and controls
- How to better predict traffic and road hazards to keep citizens moving and safe
- Goal is to provide solutions to make Kansas City the most connected city
Intelligent Lighting and Intelligent Video solutions help pave the way for a smarter Kansas City. These solutions provided:
- Customized, energy-efficient lighting
- Traffic safety analytics and congestion patterns
- Pedestrian and vehicle counts
- Parking availability
- Analytics extrapolation to help predict road hazards
Verizon Smart Communities solutions helped Kansas City support initiatives for managing roadways, utilities and transportation systems.
- Installed safety mechanisms at intersections with visual and audio alerts
- Helped to predict where road hazards are most likely to happen
- Reduced the time it takes people to search for parking
- Decreased lighting energy costs
- Increased ability for citizens to feel safer
How we built the solution.