The world is wireless. Is your office?
LAN connections work great when you’re at your desk. But what if you need to go to a meeting down the hall, or work from anywhere else in the office? Managed Wireless LAN gives employees, contractors, customers and partners fast, secure network access as they move within your business.
Since we manage it, there’s no special expertise required from your IT staff. And you benefit from our collective expertise managing more than 500,000 network, hosting and security devices around the world. It’s why one of the largest retailers in the US relied on us to help boost wireless connectivity across its 2,000-plus stores, helping its employees work more freely and productively.
What is Managed Wireless LAN?
Traditionally, businesses have relied on Ethernet throughout their physical offices. Managed Wireless LAN uses Wi-Fi to free your employees and guests from network cables and cords, letting them work virtually anywhere within your network’s radius. You can also set up limited guest access to give customers and visitors secure access to the internet.
How does Managed Wireless LAN work?
Wireless LAN uses Wi-Fi radio waves to easily authenticate contractors, partners and guests for different levels of network access. On the customer side, it delivers greater insights and analytics into behavior to help deliver a better, more personalized experience. And since it’s a managed solution, you can deploy it easily, with no special IT staff training.
Features & benefits
When you extend your network with a Wireless LAN, employees are unencumbered and able to move freely throughout the enterprise. Plus, you can gain greater insight into your customers’ online activities.
- Peace of mind. Offer secure Wi-Fi and enhanced wireless access to apps and data
- Efficiency. Give your IT team the time and resources they need to focus on strategic plans
- Productivity. Let employees and partners collaborate and work virtually anywhere in your enterprise
- Simplicity. Authenticate contractors, partners and guests using social media logins
years of experience managing networks
countries where we manage networks
experts to support your needs
of Fortune 500 companies covered by our technology solutions
With Managed Wireless LAN, the network follows the user, so you can stay productive almost anywhere—from conference rooms to the cafeteria.
Benefit from an enterprise-class wireless LAN without the costs of training staff and deploying and managing new technologies.
Better customer engagement
For consumer-facing industries like retail, hospitality and banking, guest Wi-Fi helps you connect with customers and analyze their activities.
Custom splash pages
Seize the opportunity to deliver branded content, including:
- Information about your business
- Applicable terms
- Social feeds
- Advertising and promotions
- Local information
- Company imagery
- Content in 23 languages
Turn social media into a customer engagement tool by:
- Asking customers to like, follow or post about your business
- Creating more targeted messaging
- Collecting information such as name, age, gender, location, email address and mobile number
Gain greater insight into customers, so you can:
- Boost your social profile and engage across social networks
- Market to your customers in near-real time
- Understand more about your customers, who they are and what they’re interested in
Data and marketing
Collect and aggregate data to:
- Create detailed profiles using key demographic insights
- See how often customers visit, which pages they view and for how long with MAC address logging
- Get actionable insights that help you better understand your customers and how they interact with your business
*Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global. Published: 25 February 2019 Analyst(s): Neil Rickard | Bjarne Munch | Danellie Young
The Gartner report is available upon request from Verizon. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.