In 2016, DC launched Pennsylvania Avenue 2040 (PA2040), a smart city initiative with the goal of enhancing citizen experience.
- Enhance public safety and introduce other smart city solutions without compromising citizen privacy
- Understand how all solutions work individually and in concert with each other
- Study how the solutions can translate successfully from urban area deployment to different types of neighborhoods
Immediate energy savings and improved maintenance reporting from Intelligent Lighting and increased visibility to available parking from Intelligent Video.
- DC's goal is to replace all 75,000 high pressure sodium lamps with LED smart node luminaires
- Based on analytics captured from existing video nodes, DC decided to implement Verizon's Intersection Safety Analytics
- Solutions are providing valuable metadata that will assist in meaningful infrastructure planning
How we built the solution.