M2M SOLUTIONS FOR RETAIL: INCREASE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION WITH MORE CONVENIENT SERVICES.
In an era of increased mobility, customers expect access to products and services from almost anywhere. That's where Verizon's retail machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions come into play.
Retailers like you are looking for ways to increase real-time awareness throughout your supply chain, so you can better manage inventory and meet customer expectations for increased sales opportunities. To adapt to trends and capitalize on every opportunity, you need to:
- Drive sales through increased customer engagement
- Improve sales productivity using automation and mobile access
- Provide an enhanced shopping experience
- Control costs through improved supply chain and logistics efficiencies
Machine-to-machine (M2M) technology can help your organization meet these needs through the exchange of data between your business infrastructure and remote assets. This enables you to quickly adapt to customer demands by analyzing and acting on the information intelligently. M2M technology empowers you to:
- Gain visibility into your supply chain.
- Enhance customer experience with targeted messaging.
- Improve inventory control.
- Track assets more effectively
Transforming your business with retail M2M solutions
Verizon enables M2M solutions for retail that help you:
- Increase operational efficiencies by monitoring, controlling and managing your remote assets.
- Accelerate decision making and response times to enhance the customer experience.
- Manage revenue streams through infrastructure efficiencies that better utilize assets.
Verizon brings together critical vendors and a wealth of network experience to help you get your M2M solution in place—fast.
Verizon Wireless LTE Innovation Center
The LTE Innovation Center is a collaborative environment for Verizon Wireless technology providers and participant companies to quickly develop and bring to market innovative products and solutions that will run on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. The LTE Innovation Center offers a state-of-the-art Long Term Evolution (LTE) lab environment and a range of premier services and support from Verizon Wireless, including product design, user experience testing and business development resources.
We team with top vertical-solution providers and strategic vendors to enable retail M2M solutions over America’s largest 4G LTE network.
Device and module portfolio
Our vendors have modules that are certified to run on our data network for a broad portfolio of retail M2M solutions.
Flexible pricing models
Verizon provides competitive pricing and will work with your business to help you drive value and efficiencies. Our pricing structures provide flexibility to address varying customer business models.
Because your business needs are unique, Verizon Wireless and its Partner Program members and Open Development vendors offer a variety of solutions with different connectivity options. For static devices with low-bandwidth requirements, 2G or 3G connectivity is the right option for the price. Other uses, like streaming surveillance video, benefit from 4G LTE. With Verizon Wireless vendors, you have choices to enable the right solution for your network connectivity.
The Verizon Open Development program is designed to allow and encourage the development community to create new devices and bring these to the market on the Verizon Wireless network. Our network currently has more than 7 million M2M connections and counting. Verizon Open Development providers can help you create cutting-edge retail M2M solutions for your business and customers.
M2M solution providers for retail
Every business can benefit from smart alliances. That’s why we’ve teamed with leading solution providers to promote a range of innovative retail M2M solutions that can help you transform your business and reach your communication goals. Plus, we provide the expertise and experience you need to help you manage your solution from planning to implementation. For retail companies, we have included a sampling of solutions from our Partner Program members, Open Development programs and strategic providers. For a list of operational solutions, visit our solution finder at http://solutionfinder.verizonwireless.com.
Cradlepoint, Digi and Juniper Networks all offer ways to establish network connectivity and process retail transactions wirelessly, either as a primary means of doing business or as a backup process. Wireless primary connectivity provides added bandwidth when you need it, helping you reduce lost sales and increase productivity. And wireless backup connectivity helps keep your business going even when wirelines go down.
Whether you choose MediaTile’s Digital Sign in a Box or HumanKiosk solutions, or Reflect Systems ReflectView Enterprise Digital Media Platform for in-store digital media, these targeted marketing and merchandising solutions engage, educate and motivate shoppers to take action by leveraging rich media content and interactive applications on digital displays. Using Verizon Wireless mobile devices allows displays to be positioned and the results help drive sales and customer satisfaction.
Verizon Wireless Machine to Machine Management Center
The M2M Management Center helps you:
- Manage, troubleshoot and control your M2M devices in near real time using a single portal.
- Securely connect smart devices, remote assets, machines and systems.
- Leverage the Verizon Wireless network.
Motorola helps you process transactions using handheld wireless devices in addition to standard registers and point-of-sale (POS) devices. So you can put line busting to work for your business and capitalize on incremental sales opportunities when the need arises.
Fleet management/asset tracking:
Telenav, Sendum and Telogis each provide important components to track near real-time [current] location and condition of shipments and mobile assets via GPS. This location data can help you better manage inventory, reduce shrinkage and analyze utilization.
Use case example: digital signage
Targeted messaging with real-time capabilities
Targeted messaging cycles and market response times have gone from years and months to days and minutes. Adapting your newest initiatives and most recent promotions is not just necessary—it is imperative to your profit margins. Your customers’ in-store experiences need to be as nimble and focused as the markets and customers you serve.
MediaTile all-in-one displays and kiosks give retailers the ability to control in-store messaging and merchandising promotions with precision. Plus you can deploy prescribed merchandising initiatives or dynamically generated campaigns on the fly. The flexible content management, programming, distribution and monitoring software allow you to control specific messaging at any given time from a centralized location.
How Verizon can help
- MediaTile all-in-one displays, media players and HumanKiosk solutions
- MediaCast web-based content management tool
- Verizon Wireless 3G and 4G LTE networks
Potential Business Outcomes
- Enhance customer experience with highly targeted messaging
- Innovative customer engagement opportunities
- Better insight into customer preferences
- Decrease time and avoid expense of paper or static signage
- Centralized platform to allow for uniform content distribution quickly and efficiently
- Live, face-to-face, two-way video connection to remote experts
Use case example: mobile POS
Increasing sales and services with payments on the go
Retail is constantly changing. From poolside to curbside to opportunities that are outside the box, customers want to make purchases wherever they are, even if that venue is far from standard registers and POS terminals. Vendors want to keep pace—and implement some of their own best practices, like full-service sales associates and line busting to expedite sales and services during peak times.
Motorola mobile POS solutions enable retailers to accept noncash payments anytime. They also help retailers capitalize on incremental sales opportunities, with flexible, on-the-spot payment processing at the point of decision.
Verizon Wireless Private Network
Private Network works with all Verizon-certified M2M devices, providing:
- Strong security. Traffic does not traverse the public internet and is not comingled.
- High performance. Data travels on a direct path to wireless devices, with no encryption required.
- Network advantage. Key features include dynamic mobile network routing, Verizon network performance and Verizon 4G LTE: America’s largest 4G LTE network.
- Scalability. Private Network can be extended to thousands of devices.
How Verizon can help
- Motorola mobile payment reader
- Verizon Wireless 3G and 4G LTE networks
Potential Business Outcomes
- Faster customer service
- Increased sales
- Strong credit card security
- Better sales and merchandise management
The Verizon difference
Verizon Wireless operates America’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE network. We build and manage networks that keep you connected when you are on the go. We provide the expertise you need to help efficiently transform your business with flexible pricing and business models, a broad portfolio of devices and modules, integrated services and advanced technology.
For more information, please contact your Verizon account representative, or visit