Manage device software over the air.
Software management can help you boost availability on connected devices.
Today, the Internet of Things (IoT) is a part of everyday business, giving enterprises the ability to connect devices and reach customers. For each connected device, your IT team is responsible for maintaining updates and capabilities and improving security, as well as making sure critical devices and applications are up and running as needed.
We’ve developed a simple, reliable way to manage and update the connected devices in your organization. Verizon Mobile Device Management (MDM) Software Management helps you host, manage, schedule and distribute software updates to wireless and connected devices. You just need to be enrolled in our Open Development program and have certified devices that meet Verizon’s Open Development standards. Verizon Software Management frees your resources to focus on your product and not on building infrastructure. Verizon Software Management helps to support and enable:
- Telematics and connected vehicles
- Utilities and Smart Cities
- Smart homes
- Machine to machine (M2M) and vending
- Security, fire and remote monitoring
OTA distribution (Over the Air) can help you rapidly deploy updates.
What does this mean for your business?
With Verizon MDM Software Management, you’ll have the ability to:
- Create targeted campaigns for software updates to devices.
- Track status of updates on devices.
- Perform basic diagnostics and create reports.
- Add features, improve performance, adapt to changes and fix bugs on modules and devices over
- Host custom OEM firmware image on Verizon platform.
- Retrieve diagnostics and device alerts.
- Respond to and mitigate “zero-day” vulnerabilities.
Not your ordinary MDM
Our Verizon MDM Software Management includes features and functionalities that are only available through the Verizon network.
- Use a single, unified portal to manage all devices and access device status 24/7.
- Adhere to the OMA-DM standard with built-in security enhancements.1
- Avoid costly service calls or replacement equipment by delivering updates via OTA distribution.
- Improve the customer experience by delivering software updates, security enhancements and performance improvements on demand.
- Easily create software campaigns through an intuitive interface.
Going beyond the radio module
Verizon MDM Software Management supports the Software Component Management Object (SCOMO) standard. Customers can host, manage, schedule and distribute software updates to devices beyond the radio module.
- Manage all software on the device (not just the radio module).
- Keep components (TCU, ECU, OS, applications, etc.) up to date with critical fixes.
- Use application and certificate management to remotely install, uninstall, activate and deactivate applications.
How it works
A manufacturer wants to manage software updates to devices in vehicles without having to schedule each car to come to the dealership for plug-in software updates. Verizon MDM Software Management takes inventory of components OTA in each vehicle using SCOMO via a head unit module. It updates the software of TCU. It updates audio file, map file, certificate and more. And then it removes the software component from the device after the subscription expires.
Help increase customer satisfaction while decreasing IT burden
Verizon MDM Software Management makes it easier to:
- Maintain productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
- Control the cost of supporting mobile assets.
- Enhance overall application and performance management.
- Reduce risk to application and device performance.
When it comes to mobility, the network matters. We offer America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network. And we support more than 45 million LTE devices and 100 device makes/models under firmware and APN management. We provide firmware management to more than 27 million CDMA devices. And we offer 99 percent success rate for firmware image delivery.